Go to Coupons
From the merchant portal, choose Coupons from the navigation menu.
Add a Coupon
Press the green New Coupon button.
Enter Basic Information
Type the following information directly into the text entry fields.
- Coupon Name: A name for this coupon that you can reference
- Coupon Code: This is the code that a customer will enter when redeeming their coupon
- Description: The information here is for you only, and is not available to customers
If you would like your customers to begin using this coupon immediately, make sure the Availability checkbox is checked.
Determine the Discount
Select the Discounts tab to determine the discount you set will be taken BEFORE taxes and shipping. You can choose between:
- No Discount: Choose this if you want the coupon to be good for free shipping, but not to affect the price of the product
- Percentage: A percent off the price of the product, choose the radio button and enter the numerical percent
- Flat Rate: A specific dollar amount off the price of the product, choose the radio button and enter the dollar amount
- Minimum Order Price: Check this checkbox if the discount can only be applied after the customer reaches a minimum purchase (remember, this price has to be reached BEFORE taxes and shipping are considered)
- Free Shipping: Check this checkbox if you'd like to include free shipping with the coupon, or have a coupon just for free shipping (along with the No Discount radio button)
- Percentage Off First Shipment: Choose this option to offer new subscribers a discount on their first box. (Recommended for use on 3, 6, & 12 month subscription terms)
Select the Limitations tab to set the valid lifetime of the coupon, as well as any other limitations that should be applied, such as:
- Activation Date: Use the calendar to choose the date customers can begin redeeming their coupon - if left blank, the coupon will be active immediately
- Expiration Date: Use the calendar to choose the latest date the coupon can be redeemed. If, for example, you set the coupon to expire on April 23, 2017, the coupon would no longer work at the start of April 24 using UTC time. If left blank, the coupon will not expire. (Note: Recurring coupons continue to be applied after then expiration date, as long as the customer added the coupon during this timeframe)
- Max Redemptions: Type directly into the text entry box to set the number of times a coupon can be redeemed - if left blank, there is no limit to the amount of times a coupon can be used (Note that this applies to each code established for this coupon, if you have made 10 different codes available and set the max redemption to 1, that means each of the 10 codes can be redeemed 1 time)
- Cannot be Combined with Other Offers: Check this checkbox if the coupon cannot be combined with other coupons or promotions
- Cannot be Used by the Same Individual More than Once: Check this checkbox if a customer can only use this coupon one time
Establish Recurring Settings
Select the Recurring tab to establish when the coupon will be applied to your subscriptions, either
- Apply only once: Choose this radio button to only apply the discount to the customer's initial purchase, but not on renewals.
- Apply on every renewal: Choose this radio button to apply the discount every time the customer's subscription renews.
- Fixed number of renewals: Choose this radio button and enter the number of subscription renewals that the customer will receive the discount.(Note: Recurring coupons continue to be applied after then expiration date, as long as the customer added the coupon during this timeframe)
Choose the Products
Select the Products tab to choose which products and/or subscription terms that this coupon will discount. You can also select is the coupon should apply to One-Time Purchase Products as well. Leave the checkmark next to the items that customers CAN purchase at a discount with this coupon.
The select all checkbox in the corner serves a double purpose. In addition to allowing you to quickly select/unselect all current products/terms, if left enabled it will cause all future products to also be enabled on the coupon. This can be very useful if you are regularly adding new single-purchase products to your shop and want existing coupons to apply to them as without you having to update each coupon every time.
Save Your Changes
Press the Save button at the top or bottom of your screen.