To Leave a Review
1. Find the seller's listing page on the Marketplace
Scroll down to the Subscriber Reviews section. If you aren't signed in, click "Sign in to write a review" and login to your Cratejoy account.
2. Click "Write a review".
3. Write your review, and click "Submit Review".
Your review then goes to our moderators and the listing will be approved in 2-3 days.
Reviews are not currently editable, so if there are any problems with the review, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Review Content Guidelines
We want Cratejoy reviews to be helpful, respectful, and honest. To ensure this, please note the following:
- Respect for both the subscriber and merchant’s privacy is expected. Sharing of private or personally identifying information is not permitted.
- Do not misrepresent who you are by using a fake name or alias.
- Be respectful toward each other. Any harassing, hateful, profane, or threatening language will not be tolerated.
- Don't use reviews as a place to spam or promote your own product.
- Any review that promotes a product outside of the Cratejoy Marketplace is subject to removal.
- Only one review per customer, per subscription, is allowed. Any duplicate or additional reviews will be deleted.
- We reserve the right to edit, delete, or consolidate reviews.
Uploading a Picture with Review
Cratejoy Image Guidelines
- The subject of the photo must be centered; the photo will be cropped into a square.
- The file size must be 3MB or less.
- Photos must be at least 1200x1200 pixels.
Content of the image:
- The image must reflect the contents of the box you received or show you interacting with the product. (NOTE: Any photos of another subject, including customer support correspondence, will be removed for irrelevance and, if applicable, privacy reasons.)
- Any photos with objectionable material will be removed. No images or materials espousing bigotry, hate speech, lewdness, profanity, or any material otherwise deemed offensive to a general audience.
- Do not superimpose text or captions on the image.
- You must have permission from anyone who appears or is referenced in the photo.
- The image must not contain any visible logos, drawings, cartoons, photographs, pictures, phrases, or trademarks (other than those of the box itself, if an unboxing photo) or other content or materials which you do not own.
- Do not submit any image unless you have taken the photo yourself.
- Applied filters are acceptable, provided they do not involve superimposed text, icons, or otherwise obscure the subject of the image.
Additionally, as images are contingent on the subscriber’s attached review, images fall under the same content guidelines as written reviews.
How to Upload Photo(s) With Your Review
1. Find the box you’d like to review in the Marketplace
Scroll down to the Subscriber Reviews box below the box’s bulleted list of features. You’ll either see a friendly graphic or other subscriber reviews, depending on the number of approved reviews already.
2. Click “Write a Review.”
In the popup window, you’ll see a box labeled “Upload a Photo” beneath the text box. After drafting your review, click the upload box and select the image files you’d like to upload. You can do this by either drag-and-dropping the files into the popup window, clicking on the large file icon to open a file-browse window, or hovering over the icons on the left sidebar to select the file source (e.g. social media, your computer, Dropbox, or another link).
3. Upload your images and crop them to fit a 1:1 aspect ratio.
This means you can upload an image with portrait or landscape orientation, as long as you’re aware that you’ll need to crop it to a square frame.
4. Click “Upload.”
You’re all set!