With our new changes to Gifting, you can now have a Gift Sender include a Gift Recipient's address & full name, along with the gift message that you're already able to collect.
The gift recipient is the person for whom the gift was purchased. The gift sender is the person who purchased the gift.
What can we do with the gift recipient information?
- We now include gift recipient's name & email to our MailChimp integration. With this, you'll be able to create customized MailChimp email campaigns for your gift recipients.
For our MailChimp users, we’re now passing over the following gift recipient metadata with MailChimp Interest groups:
- Gift Recipient First & Last Name
- Gift Recipient Email
This data can be located in any MailChimp list connected to Cratejoy, by navigating to Manage Contacts, then Groups.
- Additionally, you are able to export your gift recipient's data via the Subscriptions Export & Shipments Export
- Lastly, you will be able to see the gift recipient's data on the Subscription Details page & the Order Details page
What notifications are sent by default?
- When the gift is purchased through your store, you have the option to send a notification to the gift recipient after the gift subscription has been marked as shipped.
- To turn this notification on, you will need to go to your Notifications Settings tab and toggle it on.
Please note: This notification can be edited the same way you'd edit other storefront emails.
- For instructions on how to do so, use this guide: Notification Email Editing Reference
- When the gift is purchased on the Marketplace, we send a notification to the gift recipient after the gift subscription has been marked as shipped.
- Please note: This notification is sent by Cratejoy, and is not able to be edited by default.
Here's an example of what that notification looks like on Marketplace...